AELE also has a free search tool [http://www.aele.org/htdig/common/search.html] covering its database of more than 33,000 case summaries and offers access to its more than 33,000 case summaries, divided into 700 + topics.
1. Law enforcement civil liability at http://www.aele.org/law/Digests/civilmenu.html
2. Employment law and discipline at http://www.aele.org/law/Digests/emplmenu.html
3. Jail and prisoner legal issues at http://www.aele.org/law/Digests/jailmenu.html
1. Article: Power Down: Tasers, the Fourth Amendment and Police Accountability, 91 N.C. Law Rev. 606 (Jan. 2013).
2. A new article appears in the AELE Monthly Law Journal.
* Public Protection -- Part One: The Physically Ill
Police officers inevitably run into individuals who are seriously ill, such as heart attacks, strokes, epileptic seizures, diabetic incidents, and any number of other health emergencies in which the lack of swift action may all too often mean the difference between life and death or permanent impairment and disability.
View at http://www.aele.org/law/2013-05MLJ101.html
3. The May 2013 issues of AELE's three periodicals have been uploaded.
The current issues, back issues since 2000, case digests since 1975, and a search engine are FREE. Everyone is welcome to read, print or download AELE publications without charge. The main menu is at: http://www.aele.org/law
Nine cases are discussed in this issue, including false arrest, firearms related, restraint asphyxia, photographing an officer making an arrest, immigration issues and search & seizure.
View at http://www.aele.org/law/2013all05/LR2013MAY.html
*** Fire, Police & Corrections Personnel Reporter ***
Ten cases are discussed in this issue, including disability claims, Weingarten rights, standby pay, pensions, retaliation, exclusionary rule, and other issues.
View at http://www.aele.org/law/2013all05/FP2013MAY.html
*** Jail and Prisoner Law Bulletin ***
Ten cases are discussed in this issue, including inmate orthopedic shoes, classification as a Mexican Mafia member, fatal drug interactions, a Ponzi scheme, religious hairstyles, retaliation, punitive segregation, sexual assault and workers compensation.
View at http://www.aele.org/law/2013all05/JB2013MAY.html
4. Selected criminal law and procedure cases are at two other free websites.